Paul Hamilton provides flight training for private and sport pilots at Carson City Airport in light-sport factory Sling 2 airplane and Evolution REVO WSC trike.
We meet at the Carson City Airport (KCXP)This is near the border of Northern California and just east of Lake Tahoe. Local driving times are approximate not including traffic delays but listed to assist in arriving on time from:
- Reno – on highway 395/580 – 35 minutes
- Incline Village – on highways 28, 50, 395 – 50 minutes
- Kings Beach – on highways 28, 50, 395 – 60 minutes
- South Lake Tahoe/Stateline on highways 50, 395 – 60 minutes
- Truckee – on highways 267, 28, 50, 395 or alternate 80, 395- both 75 minutes
- Tahoe City – on highways 28, 50, 395 – 80 minutes
- Squaw Valley – on highways 89, 28, 50, 395 – or alternate 89, 80, 395 – both 90 minutes
How to find the Carson City Airport once you are in Carson CityIt would appear easy to find the Carson City Airport with a smart phone or GPS, but many people get lost with this technique. Once you get into Carson City, it is best to follow the directions below and you will go right there and avoid the frustration of getting sent to the wrong place.
- From the 395 freeway, take exit 41 and go east on College Parkway.
- The airport is less than a mile from the freeway (College Parkway also crosses the 395 main business Carson Street).
- Address is 2640 E. College Parkway, Carson City, NV 89706-0402 USA.
- You drive into the main airport terminal entrance and go right to the Sterling Air building. This is my office FBO.
- If the Sterling Air building is not open, hang tight and I show up typically at our agreed time.
- Call Paul’s mobile at 775-772-8232 with any questions or if you get lost.