skip to Main Content


There is allot of confusion about the endorsements for student pilots, sport pilots, private pilots, transitioning pilots and CFI’s for light-sport aircraft (LSA).

So here are all the endorsements organized and easy to understand format.

Click here for all the endorsements:

This Post Has 4 Comments
  1. Hello,
    Could you please clarify whether Spin Training Endorsement is required for Sport Pilot CFI?

    thank you!

  2. Yes you need a logbook endorsement for spin training in airplanes per 61.405 b1ii. Since not many, or any LSA are certified for spins, I called around about spin training to meet the spin training requirement, the typical private pilot flight intructors were not really willing to go do spin training so I went to an aerobatics expert to accomplish this.

  3. Hi Paul,

    Very helpful web site, Thank You. I am a returning to flight aviator, as I did Vietnam as an Army Huey pilot in 1967 and then followed-up after my service and obtained my commercial ASEL and rotorcraft. I’ve not flown since.

    My question is can you help me with the best language to write in my “new” logbook regarding my reconstruction of all my prior training (both military and private) as my original logbook was lost about 40 years ago. I’m currently in Southern California becoming proficient in a Tecnam P92 Echo LSA at Flabob (KRIR) and having a grand time! (-;

    It is an academic question I know, but I would like for my “self-certification” to read and look good if someone takes the time to read it.

    Thanking you in advance,

    –Max Mizejewski
    Class of ‘67

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back To Top